Get In Touch
Luisenstr.17a, 64546 Moerfelden, Hessen - Germany
Ph: +49.01590.6473863
Work Inquiries
Ph: +49.01590.6473863

Turquoise Hill delays shareholder vote on Rio Tinto plan after considerations raised

Writer of the article:

The Canadian Press

The corporate logo of Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. (TSX:TRQ) is shown.
The company emblem of Turquoise Hill Assets Ltd. (TSX:TRQ) is proven. Photograph by HO /THE CANADIAN PRESS

TORONTO — Turquoise Hill Assets Ltd. is suspending its shareholder assembly to vote on Rio Tinto’s plan to take the corporate personal as it really works to resolve considerations about Rio Tinto’s cope with a pair of shareholders who had opposed the deal.

Commercial 2

Rio Tinto reached an settlement final week with Pentwater Capital Administration LP and SailingStone Capital Companions LLC that will see them withhold their votes on the proposal and as a substitute train their dissent rights beneath an association which incorporates mediation and the opportunity of binding arbitration.

Monetary Put up High Tales

Signal as much as obtain the each day high tales from the Monetary Put up, a division of Postmedia Community Inc.

By clicking on the enroll button you consent to obtain the above publication from Postmedia Community Inc. You might unsubscribe any time by clicking on the unsubscribe hyperlink on the backside of our emails. Postmedia Community Inc. | 365 Bloor Road East, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 3L4 | 416-383-2300

Nonetheless, Turquoise Hill’s particular committee of impartial administrators has raised considerations in regards to the differential remedy of the corporate’s minority shareholders and the corporate says the Autorite des marches financiers has mentioned the transaction as structured raises public curiosity considerations.

Shareholders have been to vote on the proposal on Nov. 15. The corporate says a brand new date for the shareholder assembly has not been set.

Commercial 3

Rio Tinto has provided $43 per share in money for the 49 per cent stake within the firm it doesn’t already maintain. The bid requires approval by a two-thirds majority vote by Turquoise Hill shareholders, together with Rio Tinto, and the approval of a easy majority of the votes solid by the corporate’s minority shareholders.

Turquoise Hill owns a 66 per cent stake within the Oyu Tolgoi copper and gold mine in Mongolia. Erdenes Oyu Tolgoi LLC, a Mongolian state-owned entity, holds the remaining 34 per cent curiosity.

This report by The Canadian Press was first revealed Nov. 9, 2022.

Firms on this story: (TSX:TRQ)


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use cookies to give you the best experience. Cookie Policy