Russian missiles hit an condo block and kindergarten within the Ukrainian capital Kyiv on Sunday, in strikes U.S. President Joe Biden condemned as “barbarism” as world leaders gathered in Europe to debate additional sanctions towards Moscow.
* Russian forces totally occupied the jap Ukrainian metropolis of Sievierodonetsk on Saturday, either side mentioned, confirming Kyiv’s largest battlefield setback for greater than a month following weeks of among the battle’s bloodiest combating.
* Russian missiles struck a residential constructing and the compound of a kindergarten in central Kyiv on Sunday, killing one particular person and wounding 5 extra, officers mentioned, as Moscow stepped up its air strikes on Ukraine for a second day.
* Russian missiles struck close to the central Ukrainian metropolis of Cherkasy on Sunday, killing one particular person and hitting a bridge that helps join western areas with jap battle zones, Ukrainian officers mentioned.
ECONOMY AND DIPLOMACY
* U.S. President Joe Biden instructed allies “we have now to remain collectively” towards Russia, as world leaders met on Sunday at a G7 summit within the Bavarian Alps that can be dominated by battle in Ukraine and its painful influence on meals and vitality provides throughout the globe.
* Russia edged nearer to default on Sunday amid little signal that traders holding its worldwide bonds had acquired cost, heralding what can be the nation’s first default in a long time.
* British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and French President Emmanuel Macron agreed to supply extra assist for Ukraine in its battle with Russia, Johnson’s workplace mentioned on Sunday because the leaders met on the sidelines of a Group of Seven summit.
* Indonesian President Joko Widodo mentioned on Sunday he’ll urge his Russian and Ukrainian counterparts to open room for dialog throughout a peace-building mission to the nations as a result of “battle has to cease and world meals chains must be reactivated.”
* “At this stage of the battle it’s spiritually tough, emotionally tough … we don’t have a way of how lengthy it’ll final, what number of extra blows, losses and efforts can be wanted earlier than we see victory is on the horizon” – Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy.
* “We will get via all of this and are available out stronger. As a result of Putin has been relying on it from the start that one way or the other the NATO and the G7 would splinter. However we haven’t and we’re not going to.” – U.S. President Joe Biden. (Compiled by Michael Perry; Modifying by Sam Holmes)
Monetary Publish Prime Tales
Signal as much as obtain the day by day high tales from the Monetary Publish, a division of Postmedia Community Inc.
By clicking on the join button you consent to obtain the above publication from Postmedia Community Inc. It’s possible you’ll unsubscribe any time by clicking on the unsubscribe hyperlink on the backside of our emails. Postmedia Community Inc. | 365 Bloor Road East, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 3L4 | 416-383-2300